hi stranger

hi stranger,
thanks for coming across my blog.

Saturday 28 June 2014

poorly written pop songs

So we had this project in music, we were in groups and we had to write and perform a pop song. I guess the only conventions we had to stick to were basic formatting, and we took inspiration from Paramore.

Our song (I wrote most of it - and that's not a good thing, it's really cringey) is untitled, but I guess it would be called Hatred is the New Black.

I don't remember the lyrics exactly, but the gist of it is:

Something's got you down, and you don't wanna get back up,
You refuse all of the help you get, this battle will be lost.

I guess hatred is the new black,
It suits you perfectly,
It looks so goddamn good on you,
It's like your LBD.

You say you're trying hard,
But your trying hard to lose.
Like you're forcing yourself to feel,
Misery and gloom. <--I didn't write that line

I guess hatred is the new black,
It suits you perfectly,
It looks so goddamn good on you,
It's like your LBD.

So why don't you understand,
We're trying to help you, doing the best that we can,
but even our best can't save you,
You've got to save yourself,
If you need some inspiration, then girl,
just look around,
just look around. (Can you smell the cringe? Can you feeeeeel my heart?)

So that's our mega cringe song and I don't quite know why I am sharing this, or whether I will share it, I just felt like it I guess.

Amy xx

Note: I am sure I will regret posting this haha, it is so uber cringey! Just to say, this is not really my kind of song, I prefer more mellow happy/sad songs, and teenage angst isn't really my style, but I guess I am alright at making rhyming lyrics, so this is the end product. Also passive aggressive is my middle name.


No comments:

Post a Comment